Featuring 175 Exhibitors, WestEdge Design Fair Announces Convo By Design Programming Lounge, Culinary Pavilion Highlights and Other Special Events.
WestEdge Design Fair, the West Coast’s premier contemporary design fair, featuring a highly-curated selection of domestic and international manufacturers and independent designers and makers, returns to Santa Monica’s Barker Hangar (October 24-27, 2019). Celebrating its seventh year, the Los Angeles-based fair announces key feature areas for 2019, including a variety of new exhibitors serving both the residential and hospitality markets. The event will also host the Convo By Design Programming Lounge featuring thoughtful panel discussions and breakout sessions, and a full schedule of daily demonstrations and tastings in the official Signature Kitchen Suite Culinary Pavilion.
Launched in 2013, the WestEdge Design Fair will welcome more than 12,000 design professionals and enthusiasts to source some of the industry’s leading established and up-and-coming brands in a curated showcase. Offering furniture, lighting, art, kitchen, bath, and more, WestEdge Design Fair will bring together brands from across the globe for an immersive experience set in Santa Monica’s indoor/outdoor Barker Hangar venue. Attendees will enjoy live-demonstrations, panel discussions and meet-and-greets with notable design influencers over the course of the three-day event which has seen steady growth including an increase of 40% in exhibitors and a 120% rise in attendees since its inaugural year.
“Heading into the seventh year of WestEdge Design Fair, we couldn’t be more proud to highlight the array of exhibitors and programming representing the best in modern design today,” said co-founder, Troy Hanson. “Los Angeles has become an incredibly important epicenter for so many industries, including design, architecture, art, food/beverage, and fashion among others. We are excited to continue to showcase the originality of the city by bringing together world-class design through collaboration with the most renowned and emerging design professionals.”
More than 30 new exhibitors will join the fair in 2019, highlighted by brands such as Flavor Paper, Ricca Design, Matt Castilleja, Zahner, Baker Hesseldenz Studio, Porcelanosa, Smeg USA, Fantini USA, Effegibi, and dozens more. Attendees will also see the return of favorite exhibits such as Design-Milk’s Milk Stand pop-up shop and the highly anticipated MADE:MODERN section which is presented in partnership with Dering Hall and features independent designers and makers.
“We’re thrilled to see the excitement for the Fair reflected through the growth of both new exhibitors and programming partners, as well as the return of some favorite exhibits,” said co-founder Megan Reilly. “We’ve continued to see engagement from a diverse variety of brands within the design community and are proud to serve as an immersive event for conversation and discourse in the West Coast market for both the trade and consumers.”
NEW FOR 2019:
- OPENING NIGHT PARTY PRESENTED BY PACIFIC SALES KITCHEN & HOME – (Thursday, October 24; 7-10 p.m.) –This year’s Opening Night Party will feature the beginning of an online silent auction benefiting A Sense of Home, whose mission is to prevent homelessness by creating first-ever homes for youth aging out of foster care with lighting and home furnishings donated by Lamps Plus. Sponsored in part by Burdge & Associates, Hangar 1 Vodka, Lamps Plus and Woodford Reserve, the festive evening will include cocktails, fine food, entertainment and the chance to shop hundreds of design products before the weekend crowds.
- SIGNATURE KITCHEN SUITE CULINARY PAVILION –WestEdge continues to highlight culinary programming and will host chef and mixologist demonstrations and tastings in an official Signature Kitchen Suite Culinary Pavilion in partnership with Pacific Sales Kitchen & Home. Attendees will learn about the latest luxury appliance innovations for today’s TechnicureanTM home chef and enjoy a schedule of daily demonstrations and samplings by Southern California’s leading chefs and culinary personalities. Notable programing includes sous-vide culinary demonstrations, bourbon and food pairing presented by Woodford Reserve and a day of Italian food & wine presented by the Italy America Chamber of Commerce.
DESIGN TALKS & EVENTS:
Convo By Design Programming Lounge – Returning in 2019, the fair’s theater offers attendees the opportunity to hear from leading names in the design industry on a variety of topics with educational panels and seminars throughout the weekend.
- MADE:MODERN – Returning for a fifth year, this sought-after section at WestEdge is one of the fastest-growing feature areas of the fair. MADE:MODERN is dedicated to highlighting talented independent designers, makers, and artists of limited edition, one-of-a-kind furniture, lighting and more. The exhibitors in MADE:MODERN will present work for both the residential and commercial sectors. Exhibitors this year include Amigo Modern, Beuno Glass, Flavor Paper, Fluxco Design, Joel Sayre, Lynne Meade Porcelain, whyrHymer, Munson Furniture, and dozens more. Attendees have the chance to meet the designers firsthand and learn about their craft and inspiration. Most items will be available for purchase and/or customizable.
- MILK STAND POP-UP – This year’s edition of WestEdge will offer attendees the chance to purchase unique contemporary design items at “Milk Stand”, an on-site pop-up store presented by Design Milk. Products will include home accessories, architecture-inspired jewelry, and more, all available in a cash and carry environment.
- OUTDOOR LOUNGE –The Outdoor Lounge remains one of the most popular feature area at WestEdge. Presented in partnership with The Wall Street Journal and sponsored by Living Spaces, this top destination offers guests the chance to take a break from the show floor, enjoy a cocktail and the most stylish outdoor furnishings, all under the California sunshine.
2019 WestEdge Design Fair Sponsors
WestEdge 2019 sponsors include: ABIMOVEL, Brown Jordan, Burdge & Associates Architects, Chairish, Cosentino, Hangar1 Vodka, Living Spaces, Lamps Plus, Pacific Sales Kitchen & Home, San Ysidero Growers, Signature Kitchen Suite, Snyder Diamond Wallpaperdirect, Walker Zanger, and Woodford Reserve.
Media partners include: Angeleno, CA Home + Design, California Homes, Chairish, Convo By Design, Dering Hall, Design-Milk, DIGS, Form, Gray Magazine, Hunker, Interiors magazine, Modern Luxury Interiors CA, KCRW, LA Home, LA Weekly, LALA, Landscape Architecture Magazine, LUXE Interiors + Design, Luxury Pools, Metropolis, Ocean Home, The Architect’s Newspaper, The Retail Observer, Venu and The Wall Street Journal.
WHAT: WestEdge Design Fair
WHEN: October 24-27, 2019
- Thursday, October 24 – Opening Night Party, 7:00-10:00 p.m.
- Friday, October 25 – 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 26 – 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Sunday, October 27 – 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
WHERE: The Barker Hangar, 3021 Airport Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90405
(Parking: $10 cash only)
TICKETS: General Admission
- $25 in advance or $30 on-site for one day entrance Friday-Sunday
Registration for qualified design trade, design students and press is complimentary with pre-registration by October 18.
- $125 – VIP All-Access pass which includes event access on all days, including the Opening Night Party
Opening Night Party (Benefiting A Sense of Home)
- Thursday, October 24; 7:00-10:00 p.m.
$95 ticket includes open bar, fine food, entertainment and the chance to shop hundreds of design products before the weekend crowds.
About WestEdge Design Fair
WestEdge is a three-day event that offers the best in modern design, all in an environment designed to engage, entertain and inspire. The fair offers the opportunity to shop from premium design brands – many new to the West Coast and meet the designers behind thousands of inspiring products. In addition, attendees gain insight from leading names in the design industry with a full series of educational programs and are invited to enjoy culinary demonstrations, book signings and special events. For more information visit, www.westedgedesignfair.com.
Follow WestEdge on Instagram at instagram.com/westedgedesign, Facebook at facebook.com/WestEdgeDesignFair and on Twitter at twitter.com/westedgedesign.
Author: Form Magazine
FORM: pioneering design, a publication that celebrates Southern California’s contribution to architecture, design, and the visual arts.