THE 13TH ANNUAL USC BIM CONFERENCE
BIM BOP 2019! 13th Annual BIM Conference
Friday, June 28th, 8 am – 5 pm, University of Southern California
BIM BOP 2019! – the 13th annual BIM conference at USC. Come hear expert speakers speak about building information modeling. This is an excellent opportunity to get caught up on the current state of BIM in the AECO building industry. There will be over 30 speakers grouped in sessions about BIM in architecture (both small and large firms), construction, engineering & fabrication, landscape architecture, and Rhino-Revit interoperability. Last year’s conference was pretty amazing, and I hope that this year goes well too. The price is only $55 (until June 20) including lunch! An additional benefit is the 5 AIA CEUs or 5.5 CM-BIM CE credits that you will earn by attending the entire event. For questions, please contact Karen Kensek (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- $55 registration fee; $155 after June 20th.
- To register, go to https://events.usc.edu/esvp/esvp_bim2019.php. Code: bim2019
- Please note that there are no refunds if you do not attend – however, you can send someone else instead.
- Bim Bop usually sells out. Do not wait until the last minute to register.
- Please enter your email address in the registration form. We will be emailing you the most recent schedule just before the conference date as we will not be printing them out.
- Please express your preference for track A or track B. The speakers for each track are listed in this Conference Schedule. We do not guarantee space in both rooms at all times if everyone decides to go to just one of the rooms, although we promise that there is excellent content for both room tracks.
- Please register each person individually if you are doing more than one; register under their name (not yours). By registering each person individually, we will be able to track the registration, send out reminder notices, and print accurate name badges. If a different person has to attend, contact us so we can make a new badge. If the change occurs a day or two before the conference, we will write up a new badge on-site during check-in.
- A stellar line-up of over 30 speakers! Download the Conference Schedule for the full listing. There are sessions on Rhino to Revit interoperability, construction, engineering and fabrication, landscape architecture, architecture – smaller offices, architecture – larger offices, and the new 5 minute BIM BOPS!
- Receive 5 AIA CEUs or 5.5 CM-BIM CE credits. AIA members, remember to add your name and number to the list on the registration table. AGC members, you will need to submit the conference using the online CM-BIM Renewal Documentation Form (https://www.agc.org/cm-bim-renewal-documentation-form) after the conference. A certificate of completion is not a requirement to submit CE credit.
- It costs about $12 to park on campus. In addition, the DASH F is convenient. The Expo Metro train would normally stop nearby, but construction is planned in June. Check their website for updates.
- Check-in begins at 8am.
- Box lunch is provided.
- Rhino – Revit interoperability (HNTB, Walter P Moore, Robert McNeel & Associates)
- construction (Stantec, Hathaway Dinwiddie, MATT Construction)
- engineering and fabrication (ARUP, A. Zahner, John A. Martin & Associates)
- landscape architecture (Rios Clementi Hale Studios, Studio MLA)
- architecture – smaller offices (Michael W Folonis Architects, OKB Architecture, Dan Brunn Architecture)
- architecture – larger offices (Johnson Fain, NELSON, Taylor Designs)
the 5 minute BIM BOPS (10 speakers, TBA)
Stephanie Schneidereit, HNTB
Kais Rawi and Laura Karnath, Walter P Moore
Scott Davidson, Robert McNeel & Associates
Michael Siegel, Stantec
Jeremy Futerman, Hathaway Dinwiddie
Matt Johnson, MATT Construction
Cassandra Tomerlin and Winston Kahn, ARUP
James Coleman, A. Zahner Company
Marcello Sgambelluri, John A. Martin & Associates
Michael Todoran, Rios Clementi Hale Studios
James Lively, Rios Clementi Hale Studios
Yong Kim and Kenny Tang, STUDIO MLA
Ron Culver, Michael W Folonis Architects
Jason Kerwin and Kyle Reckling, OKB Architecture
Dan Brunn, Dan Brunn Architecture
James (Jed) Donaldson, Johnson Fain
Mark Levine, NELSON
Steve Bennett, Taylor Design
Author: Form Magazine
FORM: pioneering design, a publication that celebrates Southern California’s contribution to architecture, design, and the visual arts.